Tassie songwriters, composers, and producers are invited to apply for The Astor Sessions.
Tasmania has a thriving music scene and an abundance of creative talent. However, it can be challenging to make a living and find an audience for original music without leaving the island.
The digital world has opened up opportunities for music enormously and instantly. Over the past few years, sync and streaming have become vitally important avenues for artists to connect with fans and generate revenue.
With the spotlight currently beaming on Tasmania, we are in a prime position to take advantage of these opportunities to create our own unique soundtrack.
WHAT: The Astor Sessions will explore the art of songwriting and the various uses of a song and composition from 3-5 August 2018 at The Astor Hotel in Hobart.
Presented by Music Tasmania and Gaga Music, the weekend retreat brings together 10 Tasmanian songwriters with ARIA Award-winner Monique Brumby and Producer Ryan Farrington (AKA Akouo) to write, record, and share music, while receiving industry mentoring from some of the best in the business.
Over the weekend, participants will work together to:
- Compose music to creative briefs developed by Tasmanian brands;
- Produce and record your songs;
- Understand the ins and outs of publishing and how to pitch your music;
- Receive industry mentoring to help support your career;
- and discover new opportunities to generate income from your creative content.
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN.